Thursday, January 12, 2006

Welcome...Back!

I'm back at blogging!
I realized it took me more than a month to post. I don't wish to blame the busy season during the recent Christmas holidays. Although true enough, mine was filled with social gatherings (read: pigging out, hehe!) here and there. It was a festive time to celebrate and be with family and friends. Most important of all, it's the season to be thankful for all the wonderful blessings received for the year that has just passed. The coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ, illuminates the true meaning of the holiday season. I think that is something which we should never forget. :-)

Career-wise, blessings just continue to pour in my life. Aside from my part-time teaching job in UP, I have recently started with the International Studies Department of the De La Salle University (DLSU) - Manila this month. I'm back with teaching undergraduate students (they are American Studies majors though) and actually handling courses on American Economic Development and another on American Diplomatic History, a seminar-course. Preparations are quite tough, having to prepare my own course syllabus and the like. *Sigh* The life of an educator.

And oh, this is a 'comeback' of sorts for me as well at La Salle. I had my first job in this Institution and that was almost ten years ago since I started teaching after college (September 1996). I left La Salle April 1998 when I decided to study full-time with my masters. It was a juggling act to study in Quezon City, teach in Manila, and go home in Sucat, Muntinlupa City for a year. Somehow, I survived. But concentrating with graduate school was an important and I believe, a wise decision that I had made. I have set a goal of finishing graduate school in a span of two years (on first year, I had to do it part-time); to which I gladly and thankfully did!

Now I am wondering what my next goal in life would be....

As I ponder on this, let me just wish everyone a happy, blessed, and peaceful 2006!


*****
Until my next blog.... let's hope it will not take me too long to post again.
(Back to 'busy schedule' mode for me!)

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

well, each event in our lives inevitably points us towards something else, perhaps something greater. give it time, you'll know soon enough what your next raket is going to be :) congrats on your ever-blossoming career as an educator. i hope your students won't give you too much trouble. :D

1/14/06, 5:39 AM  
Blogger Dragon Lady said...

thanks for your words of wisdom :)

just minutes ago, i was blogging on what preoccupies my state of mind... i believe it was well-written, and perhaps it could have been my best blog thus far. not until i accidentally erased everything i have written in my attempt to "organize" how it looks as i justify its paragraph alignment. :(

i find comfort in hearing you say that "everything happens for a reason"....

maybe my "best" blog has yet to come. in due time, right?

thanks for being ever so supportive :)

1/25/06, 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home