Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home Alone

This is one of those times when thoughts and emotions start pouring in.... just like what my college bestfriend would say, there are those 'blogging moments.'
It had me thinking twice whether to write how I feel at this very moment or just set things aside. Just as the therapy this blog is giving me, it also allows me to express how I feel on certain circumstances such as how my 'married life' would be in 'at least' next two weeks.
As the title suggests, I am Home Alone.... well, maybe not for the entire two weeks but for the most of it. A little over a week ago, I got a news from hubby that he was offered for a company training in Singapore. He consulted me first before giving his decision to his superior ~ and it wasn't too difficult for me at all to push him and make a go for it! As it is, it is not everyday that one gets such opportunity at work... and being off-shore even for quite a few weeks will definitely broaden his horizon as I believe that he will gain new perspectives not just at work but in life in general.
Was it the supportive and encouraging wifey that I am that prompted hubby to accept this offer? Perhaps, in many ways than one....
This will be our first time as husband and wife to be apart from each other that long and that far. Your guess is as good as mine that the first hours, the first days and nights, wouldn't prove to be easy for us both. But it is our commitment towards one another to love, trust and respect ~ that will guide us through this temporary separation.
I miss you, Eric. And I know that you miss me, too.
I am happy just the same for this wonderful opportunity given to you at work; just as how sad I am for us to be apart for some time. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that this week's another toxic one for me at work. As you know, I have to finish preparing the board materials' for next Monday's Excom meeting. Definitely, it'll keep me very busy at the most part of the day at work.
But as I go home to our humble abode, there would be no one to spend the rest of the night with. No one who always tunes in to basketball and/or sports tv... No one I can accidentally 'grab' soft pillows from... No one I can hug tightly and hug me back, especially when I am fast asleep already... No soft kisses to bid each other goodnight and wake each other up... No one to turn off my celfone alarm even if I repeatedly put it in snooze mode... No one to force me to get up ahead and hit the shower because it takes so long for me to finish taking a bath and to get dressed... No one to be the last person to leave the house and lock the doors as I turn on our car engine... And the list goes on and on!
This is not forever, true enough.
As I put myself to sleep tonight, I look forward to the coming days when you will be back again soon. Home ~ this is where I would be waiting for you.
Goodnight and sweet dreams, my love! *mwahhuggss*

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy, I feel for you. It is so difficult to be separated from those you love (even if just temporary). My wife and children are also in Manila now for a vacation and I miss them terribly.

Anyway, if there is any consolation, you can ask Eric to buy you a ticket so you can do your shopping in Singapore! Woot! woot! At least you do not have to think of the accomodation while you are there.

Hang-on... I'm sure the two weeks will just breeze through without you even noticing it.

6/23/08, 1:49 PM  
Blogger Dragon Lady said...

Thanks for those wonderful words (yup, especially on the shopping tip!), my friend and ka-LP!

Oh yeah... we thought of my possibly spending a weekend there. That is, if his stay gets extended for another 2 weeks. It means he wouldn't be around as I celebrate my birthday in Pinas... so I suggested that maybe I can take a budget flight to Singapore a few days before my special day while he's there? ;-)

We're checking on our budget... plus I've my workload in the office. Hehe.

Thanks again and I hope that your family, including your wifey who's our fellow LP, will join you again soon!

6/23/08, 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey juds! two weeks seems forever to newly-weds like you :) but after some years, you would go back to this moment and wish that you would have this time and space for yourself, just for you alone.

you can have your spa and prettify yourself while eric is away. and of course, the separation would make the love sweeter when he comes back.

being alone is just a state of mind and an opportunity to give yourself what you want without the hubby hovering by your shoulder.

hugs and kisses to you

- Dyes

ps i have a tag for you...

6/23/08, 10:39 PM  
Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

uy type ko yung suggestion ni keith. buti singapore is relatively near and there are budget flights all around kaya mas madali for you guys magkita pag di niyo na talaga matiis na hindi magkita, hehe.

ok lang yan, paminsan-minsan dumadating talaga yung time na may temporary separation. occupational hazards ng pag-aasawa? :D

isipin mo na lang, excuse yan to miss each other. :) tignan mo, pagdating niya sabik na sabik kayo for each other, haha!

smile ka lang diyan. :)

6/23/08, 11:40 PM  
Blogger eric said...

Hi Babylabs!!!

Dont you worry, will spend time where I am right now in the near future.

Basta lagi mo lang tatandaan ang bilin ko..

DONT SEND SMS WHILE DRIVING. DRIVE SAFELY.

Will pray for your safety always.

Miss you soo much!!! Love You!!

Godbless!!!

Eric

6/25/08, 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey juds! i have another tag for you called True Love Tag. you BETTER DO it so you wouldn't miss eric so much... or you might miss him more???

6/26/08, 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen MPG :) Homecoming "party" is the best maybe tied with making-up "party"...depende sa HABA...ng absence. :)) -LT-

6/28/08, 10:22 AM  
Blogger TheDivineMissM! said...

Hey how come my other comment never got published... hmmmm

6/30/08, 1:04 AM  
Blogger Dragon Lady said...

hi dyes! thanks for the tips and of course, for your warm words. :) 2 weeks just went by and now we're together again! i hope to work on the tags soon... ;)

hi MPG, there are really lots of reasons to smile about these days! check out my latest post. :D

hey ericdpogi, thanks for dropping a few lines here! i rarely drive na nga po, buti may nasasabayan ako lately going to and from work. welcome back!!! :)

hi LT, hahaha. naaliw naman ako dun sa comment mo! thanks for visiting!

hi divinemissm! naku, what comment? too bad it didn't seem to come in? i won't be in singapore on the july 18-21 weekend so i guess you and dial just have to celebrate my birthday without me. :)

7/8/08, 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home