Sunday, January 29, 2006

My Favorite Spot


I was thinking of what to blog about until I came across with this photo in my pics folder. I took a snapshot of this wonderful sight on my way to Gambrell Hall, the place where I attended a summer academic program for four weeks last year at the University of South Carolina.
It was my favorite spot in the campus, so to speak. Let me count the reasons why. First, I've always loved the cool sound of water splashing. These water fountains gave me a cool break from the uphill morning walk Mondays to Fridays. Second, it's the halfway point between the West Quad Dormitory and Gambrell Hall. So obviously, this is the place where I tend to slow things down and rest. Some sort of a pit stop for me. Imagine a twenty-minute walk under the summer heat of the sun everyday in Columbia, SC? Third, after a whole day seminar-discussion at Gambrell, again reaching this place meant that I was half-way to our Dorm -- the final resting place at the end of a busy day for me and my colleagues. Fourth, it's just across the Thomas Cooper Library and a good place to hang out while enjoying a good book and perhaps sipping some hot coffee. Fifth, the place just gives me a certain kind of serenity and calmness deep within.
Truly a sight to behold and a nice place to relax and recollect good old memories at USC.
My favorite spot, I miss you.

2 Comments:

Blogger LotusTorch said...

pretty :) I like fountains too.

2/6/06, 12:12 PM  
Blogger Dragon Lady said...

thanks! it's a lovely place in USC. make sure that you visit the place if ever you have the chance to go to columbia, SC. :-)

2/8/06, 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home